Ideas for exercises to practice doing faster art, as a counter action to the impulse to get hung up in overworking art. Tues, 5/29/18 Catinka Knoth ...continued through 5/31/18
One page of notes is transcribed to text here. The other pages are photos of notes. Maybe I'll transcribe at some point. I write in pencil but at least had them converted for cleanup. Still hard to read....
1. set timer at one minute, two minutes, five minute, etc.
Work from references:
2. make slideshows with preset timed changes
3. work from Videos, TV shows
4. take pics from the book and make into a slideshow
5. Print ref pics onto cards to turn over with timer
6. work with others – change refs with neighbors at timer signal
7. do memory sketches from a walk, a days experiences
8. Sketch on a boat ride, harbor tour
9. Sketch on a walk
10. Create a scavenger hunt with others, that is a timed return. Sketches of the finds are the validation
11. Work/sketch at various activities, events, locations:
- Limited parameters for ones exercises:
- Make a list of limited parameters for art exercises
- Choose one of the exercises by desire or choose by lottery/chance
Made version #1 list earlier. Should be lots of overlap between the list!
More notes on the subject, need transcribing to text.