- JN's jobs in film editing - extra time and how to charge
- CT's job as a crossing guard - two customers, slow, re uniform
- Requirements to be guest presenter for Philly public education, online too? Fingerprinting etc.
- Not leaving the apartment in Brooklyn
- CT's Halloween Display outside and pics on the wall
- Friday's session number 29 is October 30 – will do some Halloween thing
- LN n CT - School in MI. U of M Ann Arbor, Port Huron
- Home in Tennessee - LJ?
- Present – LN, LT, CT, LJ, CK
- LJ missing LP￼￼￼￼ so many photos subjects she'd like
- Voting efforts - LJ is doing
- ￼LP is doing work school meetings so she could not come
- Cats - CT’ s tuxedo cat, CK’s cat appearance
- Some schools families are stuck with the decisions they made at Start - online or in person – no matter if circumstances change
- LJ on trying to teach her mom watercolor online. She does not want to wait for things to dry!￼
- Stand online grocery store (Or, ?) – – why not for voting? LN
- Reference pics, 9, out of order
- Praying mantis
- Pumpkin still life
- Cinderella coach old car, movie set?
- Ugly￼ 3-D pumpkin face
- Gothic arches ruins
- Pumpkin head girl - paper mache?
- Black cat sleeping on brown broom
- Orchid sprig - green and violet￼￼
- More notes...
- Suraci sauce ? THAI ?
- How to do screen share in zoom?
- How to do screenshots – both full screen and selection?
- Spam calls on cell phones. Deleting or blocking numbers does not seem to help. Some names/numbers don't get erased from contacts. Stays with us engagement history and stay in our feed. How to change?
- Sirian bombings… What's the place called with all the -?- now? SSSS? Syria
- Re: raining cats and dogs – saying comes from something about ￼￼threshed/thatched roofs. CT, (i.e., CK, just saw/heard that too!)￼
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Weird carved pumpkins, marionette dancers, Navitas art, close up florals - maybe you can see the water droplets, a skelly playing guitar, cat in a witch hat, bird house apartments, crazy old typewriter with an octopus, my drawings from Sip & Sketch session #26, 10/9/20, weekly online zoom event hosted by Lisa Jordan and Cindi Taylor. The host presents the series of curated images. Participants draw the images until the timer goes off. They start with short 3 minute ‘poses’, and get longer up to 20 minutes. After each drawing, people show/share their work if they choose.
I’ve been doing my drawings in crayon, mostly black.
Thursday, October 8, 2020
Draw, Doodle Sketch Virtual Session, #26, 10/5/20
The host, LizPopiel, has curated a set of images, (whether photos or art), for us to draw that session. They start with short times,3 min.) ,set to a timer, and continue to longer ‘Poses’, c. 20 min, as if they were models posing. Participants hold up their work, if willing, between each image. This is all done over Zoom.
These are my drawings from the session. I keep using a black Crayola crayon. Only because when I was drawing with students in my own classes, I needed something dark enough to be seen. It turned out to make better coloring pages. I don’t particularly like it tho. The new little box of just black Crayola crayons does not seem to be as dark a black. Say it is not so. I’m sure there are loads of black Crayola crayon stubs rolling around here!
I did leave this session early because I was having such a hard time concentrating.
Many thanks to the host, Liz Popiel, for making this happen.
Black crayon drawings from Sip & Sketch online drawing session #25(?), 10/2/20
The host, Lisa Jordan, has curated a set of images, (whether photos or art), for us to draw that session. They start with short times,3 min.) ,set to a timer, and continue to longer ‘Poses’, c. 20 min, as if they were models posing. Participants hold up their work, if willing, between each image. This is all done over Zoom.
These are my drawings from the session. Many thanks to the host, Lisa Jordan, and partner host, Cindi Taylor, for making this happen.
Thursday, October 1, 2020
Here are the drawings I did last Friday night at the ‘Sip & Sketch’ online drawing Zoom sessions #24, 9/25/20, hosted by Lisa Jordan, a costume designer and educator.
It isn’t really a class with a ‘teacher’. It’s a session or activity. It is free. Host puts up the image and we draw for however long the timer is on for. Then participants all hold up their drawings and the host takes a screen shot. It’s held via zoom. The Friday session is two hours 7-9 pm.
This is the October 2020 kids’ class schedule that would have been:
10/06 Autumn leaves and trees
10/13 Pumpkin patches and scarecrows
10/20 Owls and bats and cats
10/27 Spooky Halloween with Jack-O-Lanterns, haunted houses, witches, goblins, and more.
You can download these demonstration drawings to print out. Draw your own October and Halloween scenes from these and/or use them to color!